A little late for myself, nevertheless I'm doing this! YES, another post about New Years. Ha! But still here it is. It feels almost incomplete without it...
and last year went by for me, in a blur--a big big blur. This year in order to hold myself accountable, and be able to look back, I am writing out my intentions for the next year,
as both a creative and a human being.
Here they are in no particular order
- Start working with motion again
- Create one self portrait a week
- No instagram looking at night in bed; pick up books again, watch documentaries instead
- Write in a journal at least twice a week
- Finish 4 Family Albums for Billy
- Have a more carbon conscience diet, less red meat
- Bring my camera on more everyday events, stop relying on my cellphone camera, document what might seem mundane
- Connect with more local people
- Find a charity that I can become passionate about
- Wear heels more
- Connect even more with the people I'm shooting
- Allow more spontaneity to occur in my daily life
- Continue to take care of my body
- Read more ART books!
- See more Art
- Continue to learn experiment with cooking and new recipes
- Make my work more like the masters
- Ignore any fear
- Show more women how beautiful they are
- Look for, find, be, and create the beauty in a sometimes dark world
A bit of a manifesto for the new year. Like a giant todo list for me. I'm so happy I'm writing it here! What are your guys'?
Wishing all the success in yours on this time of new birth...
"The only way to deal with an unfree world
is to become
that your very existence
is an act of